Almond Butter Balls
One of my favorite recipes is No Bake Almond Butter Bars. This time I wanted to go closer to the original recipe that uses graham cracker crumbs and use some of my Homemade Grain-Free Graham Cracker Crumbs. If you make up the graham cracker crumbs ahead of time you can easily whip the Almond Butter Balls, which will be perfect for your next holiday gathering.
I have to admit, I dipped most of them in chocolate, but I also saved a few without chocolate and they were just as good. I love the combination of the Homemade Graham Cracker Crumbs with the creamy almond butter.
Click Here to Pin It!
- 2 cups Homemade Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 cup equivalent powdered sweetener (I used Confectioners Style Swerve---for Paleo use 1/4-1/2 cup of powdered coconut sugar)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 3 1/2 oz dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sweetener
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat melt the almond butter and coconut oil.
- Once melted, add the almond butter to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop, make about 28 balls and place in the freezer to harden completely, about 30 minutes.
- For the chocolate coating, in a small shallow sauce pan heat the chocolate over medium low heat until melted
- Dip the almond butter balls in the chocolate to coat.
- Place on parchment paper to harden.
Net Carb Count*: 3.58 g net carbs (2 balls per serving)
Total Carb Count: 7.93 g total carbs (2 balls per serving --makes 28 balls). Plus the carbs for the sweetener.
*Note net carb count = Total carbs – fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.