Five Ingredient Friday: Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Today I am sharing a easy recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas. These are great served in lettuce wraps or over roasted mushrooms. Feel free to add any topping that you have on hand, like: grass fed cheese, sour cream, guacamole, or pico de gallo.
Let’s face it…we’re all busy. Making good decisions in regards to our diets can often be clouded by the fact that our time is limited. Every Friday I will share with you a recipe or technique that uses 5 Ingredients or fewer. The idea is to show you recipes that are easy to prepare and versatile for all of us that don’t have time to whip up a complicated meal during the week.
The recipes will include 5 ingredients or fewer, but there are a few ingredients that are considered “free” ingredients that you probably use every day and are already in your kitchen. The “free” items are water, salt, black pepper, and cooking oil. These items may be used in recipes and won’t count toward the ingredient total. I will also include some optional items that would be great to add if you have them on hand but you don’t need to make a special trip to the store if you’re all out.
Ready to get started?
- 1 lb boneless, skinless pastured chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers (I used a mix of red, yellow, and green bell peppers)
- 1 large onion
- 3 Tbsp Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- Slice the onions and peppers into 1/2" strips and place at the bottom of a slow cooker
- Add the chicken breasts and sprinkle the Fajita seasoning on top.
- Add the bone broth and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or until cooked through.
- Shred the chicken and serve the fajitas in lettuce wraps with a splash of lime juice on top (optional).
Net Carb Count*: 8.44 g net carbs (per serving - serves 4)
Total Carb Count: 10.64 g total carbs (per serving - serves 4)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs – fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.