Strawberry Ice Cream Pie
It’s so easy to make Strawberry Ice Cream with just a few cans of coconut milk and frozen strawberries. I posted this recipe last year when I first got my ice cream maker. This year, I wanted to make a more portable version that would be great for pot lucks and summer gatherings…so I turned into a pie! I made the pie crust on this Strawberry Ice Cream Pie as a no-bake version, but if you are feeling brave and don’t mind turning on your oven the crust would be even better baked to a golden brown. You’ll just want to make sure you cool the crust completely before adding the ice cream.
- 1/2 batch Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Combine all of the ingredients except the coconut oil.
- Add the coconut oil and mix to combine.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 8" pie plate.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes (or optionally bake at 350 F for 10-12 or until golden. Allow to cool completely before adding the ice cream)
- Top with strawberry ice cream and smooth into an even layer (careful to not disturb the crust)
- Freeze until hardened (2-3 hours)
Net Carb Count*:
Strawberry Ice Cream Pie: 8.9 g net carbs for 1 slice (makes 8 slices)
Total Carb Count: 16.1 g for 1 slice (add additional carbs for the sweetener used)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Looking for more grain free desserts? Check out this great e-book Indulge: 70 Grain Free Desserts which is 20% off right now.