Frozen Almond Butter Mousse
I love my ice cream maker….seriously it’s always running in the summer, but sometimes I forget to put the extra ice cream bowl in the freezer the night before I want to use it. Luckily, I threw together this easy frozen dessert that doesn’t require an ice cream maker. This Frozen Almond Butter Mousse comes together easily and you just pop it in the freezer long enough to get frozen. Trust me if you leave it in there any longer and it will be rock solid and will break a spoon trying to eat it. I know you won’t have that issue because you won’t be able to wait that long to eat it! If don’t have almond butter it will work just as well with your favorite nut butter.
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia or sweetener to taste
- Into a bowl, scoop out the coconut cream that rises to the top of the refrigerated can of coconut milk (save the leftover water for smoothies).
- Add the almond butter and stevia and whisk to combine (I used the whisk attachment of my immersion blender
- Pour the mixture evenly into two small bowls and freeze for 25-45 mins or until mostly frozen (or if you can't wait, eat as is :) )
Net Carb Count*: Frozen Almond Butter Mousse: 6.5 net carbs for one serving (makes about 2 servings) *Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
The kitchen tool I used to make the Frozen Almond Butter Mousse
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that I use and believe in.